Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What's normal? Learning to Trust!

I've always been a worrier. Even as a kid, I was an expert. When I would go to a sleep over I'd check my bag several times to make sure I'd have everything I needed. Then at the sleep over I would check my bags several times through the night to make sure I had all my stuff. I was so worried about losing something.
Now the temptation draws me to worry each time I feel something new with this pregnancy. Questions dart through my mind. Is this normal? Does this mean something bad? What if something is wrong with the baby? It seems I always jump to the negative.
Each sensation has become a call from God to trust Him. A call to trust that he has knitted this life together in my womb. A call to trust that he know the plans for both my future and Phoebe's future. A call to remember he is good.
I'm sure once the little one arrives, I have another new invitation to trust.

No comments: