Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Maybe not perfect days but perfect moments ...

The past few days have been a little rough. The whole family has been sick; the house is a disaster; the bills are piling up; I feel like I've been run over by a truck. I know I am not the only one who has had days or weeks like this.

I have the tendency to put pressure on myself to create a "perfect day" especially during a holiday or when Tom has a day off. No perfect days exist, but perfect moments do.

Last night I experienced one. It had been a hard day, but bedtime was approaching. All four Fuersts were on our bed just being together. We had our quilt tossed over us as a tent. We giggled. We laughed. Phoebe gave everyone kisses. Tommy squealed in excitement. It was 30 minutes of perfection.

Thank you God for perfect moments in the midst of hard days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved this! Great perspective and I can totally picture you all just enjoying each other. That is a gift.