Monday, October 19, 2009

Circle of support...

Each Sunday night we hang out with our good friends Eric and Erin (who we live with) and Josh and Rachel. I don't know when exactly it started, but I am sure glad it did. Some nights involve deep talk of theology other nights include break dancing.
Last night, Phoebe was stealing the show with her cheesy grin and attempts at walking. Someone suggested she should take a lap around the room. So she did, from dear friend to dear friend. She'd walk a while grasping onto Eric's fingers for balance then pass off to Josh's fingers so on and so forth until she walked all the way around our living room. Something powerful hit me as I watched my daughter loving go to and from my dear friends... a realization that Tom and I are not in this alone. We have friends who love us and love our daughter. That Phoebe's life will be richer because of my friends. That we all lead richer lives because of the community we have formed.

No comments: