Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dancing

Phoebe loves to dance. She'll dance to organ music, she'll dance to nursery rhymes, she'll dance to rock n' roll.

She dances without abandon. It doesn't matter if we are in the grocery store or in church. If music comes on that she needs to groove to, she grooves.

Last weekend, we went hear Too Many Drummers play, and Phoebe was in her element. When the drums started, she stuck her little rear out and started bouncing to the beat. She was so taken with the music, she wanted to inclued EVERYONE in her rhythmic movements. My daughter walked over to a table of college guys and grabbed one of their fingers and started dancing. I think the poor guy was taken back by my forward toddler. I laughed with pure delight.

I love that my daughter knows what she likes and feels no shame in delighting in dancing. I hope she remains that way!

No comments: